This little tip will make your day if you puffy heart Instagram!
Challenge: Set up notifications so Instagram lets you know when your fave Instagrammers post images (but not so fast- see How to Do It for the specifics for this challenge!)
Why: Instagram makes it really easy to set up. By setting up notifications (for the type of Instagrammers I suggest below), you’ll not only keep up with faves, you might get some amazing ideas to try on your own account.
How to Do It
Before I get to the step-by-step, here’s the minimum of people you should follow for today’s challenge:
- Three friends (you adore them and can’t miss any of their posts)
- Three competitors (I spy you!)
- Three brands who rock at Instagram (learn from their greatness)
- Three knock-your-socks-off Instagrammers that aren’t in your niche
You DO have to be following someone to get notifications, but you can be friendly with competitors too!
1. Open up Instagram on your mobile device.
2. Go to the Profile of someone you want to turn on notifications for.
Click to the magnifying glass on the bottom menu to search for someone if you need to.
Be sure to follow Erin too- she’s a close friend and awesome chica.
3. Tap the three dots at the top right of the screen, then tap Turn On Post Notifications.
There’s no where to really see a list of people you’ve followed, but if you change your mind later, you can turn off notifications next time they show up in your notifications.
4. Repeat until you’ve added three from each category above!
Of COURSE you could add more if you have more time.
Did you do it? Share below with your Instagram profile URL as well as the URL of someone you followed! And follow me while you’re at it. Instagram love fest!
Get Productive with Day Batching!
Subscribe and receive this tool to help you get the most out of your week!
Hey- I’m Melissa! I’m a mom, side hustler, online course instructor, and brand marketer. I run a 6-figure blog helping online biz owners find their a-ha moments with can-do tips, tutorials, and online courses. I also work at Burt’s Bees as the assistant manager of Brand Engagement (yep, it’s as cool as it sounds). Jump start your biz productivity with my free worksheet!